Senior Controller - Real Estate Services Firm - Luxembourg
- Responsible for the day-to-day fund level accounting, consolidation and financial reporting functions for Luxembourg real estate funds.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and other client reporting.
- Supervision and coordination of all quarterly and annual reporting requirements and due dates to be delivered by the fund controller
- Review of work delivered by fund controller
- Supervise, train and coach staff to attain highest level of efficiency and effectiveness possible
- Supervision and coordination of all quarterly and annual reporting requirements and due dates
- Act as liaison with independent auditors, coordinate interim review procedures, as necessary, and final audits
- Conduct consolidation of IFRS based and or US GAAP financial statements and US Tax based financial statements and projections, as required
- Conduct preparation of reconciliation to US GAAP financial statements from IFRS, as required
- Draft audited financial statements with complete footnotes
- Oversee the conversion of statutory books(LUX GAAP) into US GAAP, IFRS or US Tax basis books, as required;
- Assist in preparation and review of quarterly and annual reports to investors
- Preparation of Preferred Return and/or IRR calculations
- Preparation of various Investor specific reporting requirements
- Establish new entity structures within the accounting software
- Research technical accounting issues and coordinate treatment with independent auditors, create and document TS position papers in conjunction with the Accounting Policy and Advisory team
- Manage preparation of monthly / quarterly reports (Prelim NAV, AMF….)
- Coordinates contributions from and distributions to Investors, including Subsequent Closing Adjustments
- Accounting degree and/or professional accounting qualification
- Experience Six to Eight years of experience in public accounting and/or real estate accounting.
- Must have very good Excel skills.
- Prior experience in fund level accounting required with real estate accounting or fund accounting software systems.
- Sound people management experience required.
- Ability to effectively listen to co-workers, respond to their requests and to convey clear expectations.
- Demonstrate an ability to adhere to tight deadlines and deliver objectives under pressure
- Be personally organized and structured in a fast moving and challenging environment.
- Strong client management skills
- Ability to handle a variety of projects at any time and deal with competing priorities
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
- Certified Accountant qualifications in relevant jurisdictions.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and interact effectively with management, employees, and auditors.
- Must have the ability to convey financial issues to non-financial users.