Account Manager - Technical Products - Food Sector
As an Account Manager, you are partly responsible for achieving the sales objectives for your customer portfolio within your customer segment Food. You will coordinate all actions relating to the promotion and introduction of new product and market combinations, the broadening of the service and/or product portfolio with these (potential) customers and the strengthening of our customer's market share.
You do this on the basis of the following tasks:
- You analyse your customer portfolio and detect and select new opportunities.
- You thoroughly map out your customers: activities, organisation chart, production units, short and long-term strategy, analysis of the annual report, etc.
- You develop an intensive collaboration at different levels and in different business units on a long-term basis with strategically important customers.
- You draw up a strategic action plan for each customer: potential, needs, future plans, analysis of competition, etc., depending of the expansion of the products and services provided (cross-selling).
- You work with permanent internal account teams, taking into account the locations, degree of specialisation and needs of the customer AND communicate this clearly to the customer.
- You coordinate all actions and projects at your customers and monitor deadlines and results.
- You anchor the client by simplifying his process, the frequency of orders, reducing costs, etc.
- You build up a broad business network, follow the trends in the sector, etc.
- You have a strong analytical ability to handle complex cases and you have a financial understanding of both your own business results, as well as the results and KPIs of customers.
- You have a strong insight into internal and external business processes (Supply Chain, Production, ...).
- You think very customer-oriented, you are proactive, assertive and know how to convince on different levels.
- You know how to build and maintain long-term professional relationships and networks
- You have a strong ability to coordinate, both internally and externally
- You have a thorough knowledge of the TCO approach and conceptual sales
- You have a good general technical product knowledge and affinity with a technical industrial environment
- You have at least a bachelor's degree and preferably experience working in a matrix structure.